How many times have I noticed something, and thought, Wouldn’t it be nice, and logical, to change the way we go about/deal with it, right? Since many Americans, so often, consider this nation, the land of liberty, etc., we should not examine, why so many of these constitutional rights/guarantees, seem to be losing their affirmation/importance? Why do Americans seem to consistently elect individuals who focus on their personal/political agenda and/or self-interest rather than the greater good? With that in mind, this article will attempt, in brief, to consider, examine, review and discuss 6 logical priorities, which we must begin, to emphasize.
1. If we eliminate systemic racism: And whether we want to admit it or not, systemic racism does not only exist in America, it is rather prevalent! In, almost, every aspect of our lives, we witness clear, unequivocal evidence of this ugly = head! It is especially evident in our criminal justice system/justice system, where there is a huge disparity between how different individuals are treated! Consider why some communities, during this horrific pandemic, have suffered so much more than others, apparently on the basis of race, ethnicity, and Socio-economic! It seems that equal justice, etc., is not quite equal, at all!
2. If we had equal protection of law, rights, liberty, liberty, and justice: Why are some treated differently than others when it comes to equal protection etc.? The truth is that some individuals are treated very differently than others by the police, courts, etc.!
3. If politicians do, in fact, serve and represent voters: The last time the federal minimum wage was raised, to the current $7.25 an hour, about twelve years ago, while the cost of living has steadily increased! We have seen, in the same period, the salaries of the same congressmen and senators, who claim that we cannot raise this lower rate, and raise their salaries, about 6 times! This horrific pandemic has taken a huge toll, not only on public health, et cetera, but on the economy, and the earnings of most Americans. And yet, while they have seen fit, lower taxes, for the wealthier individuals, and for big corporations, many of these politicians claim, that we cannot afford, and agree to, the economic stimulus we desperately need, for the rest of us! We need to ask these officials, to start, in fact, serving and representing us, rather than their own personal interests!
4. If we protect clean air and water: Do we not owe it to future generations to hand over a planet with clean air and water? Aren’t you tired of hearing excuses and/or denials when it comes to this essential priority?
5. If we proactively deal with climate change: Whether some want to deny it, stall, or make false claims, the danger of climate change is both real and necessary! Follow the science that the clock is ticking when it comes to addressing this necessity!
6. If we are united, rather than polarized, for the common good: If you do not acknowledge, we see a lot of partisan politics, when there is a need, to seek a meeting – of reason -, for the common good, you cannot become part of the solution, instead of part of the problem!
Wouldn’t it be nice, if the real priorities were set, and we got America sane and focused again? Wake up America before it’s too late!